Tuesday 26 November 2013

TRENDS | THE MONOWEDGE

I remember unpacking these babies a few months back in store when they had first arrived . I have to admit that working in retail gives me a good idea of what's 'in' for this season  and what will soon 'fade' in a ball of fashion cyberspace later.



Like remember that Neon polka dot jeans that you thought was so COOL last summer?

YAP!! 

The first time I encountered the Monowedge it reminded me of that one item in your wardrobe that you wore once and regret you bought it a few months later down the line when the 14 day return policy has expired. Yes, I know, you could kick yourself in the face, hard. 



It might sound like I am on a rant here, but the Monowedge kind of remind me of people who cannot walk in heels (SORRY) or who finds it difficult.Not to worry, the Gods of fashion has created something that is not too high and not too low to walk in. Yeah sure, it is comfortable and you can run for the bus while its still on your feet without tripping, but my point is, is it here to stay?

I love trends and I think it is a fun way to play around and let your inner creative flourish, but then again I also want something that is geared up and here to stay. Could the same thing be said for Monowedge?

Hmm, do I see this trend as the new year begins? Yeah sure, for a few months. Then it will fade and you will kick yourself (again). 

The point I am trying to make is, when you purchase something, you need to ask yourself, will I and can I wear this again?  Regardless of trends and what's 'in' at the moment, will you be able and find ways to incorporate something like the Monowedge into your outfit again a few months down the line when it is no longer being unpacked by critical shop assistants (like me) ? 

HAVE A GOOD WEEK FURTHER

 LOVE 

XOXO

Ipti

photo credit: Mr Price online

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for reading and commenting! You've made my day!