Wednesday 19 June 2013

Prints and Textures (NOT A FASHION MELT-DOWN..I promise)



Hey everyone! It has been a crazy long weekend, from making my Dad feel super duper special for fathers day to working the long weekend (even the public holiday). 

Speaking about work, this is something I put together for the day in retail. I knew i wanted to wear this balmain inspired dress, watermelon color cardigan and military boots but still felt that I needed to add more layers and perhaps different textures? 

I remembered that I bought this really cool scarf from Cotton On the day before and decided to pair it with this outfit. The beanie from Mr Price was just something i added to give my outfit some playfulness. 

As you can see, this look comprises of many details.. From Military, Balmain to quirky and fun. Here it proves that you can wear different elements and textures and still look appropriate? 

Obviously I am honking my own horn here, and I am sure you have your own opinion.. So what do you think? Am I playing it too safe? Are there too many elements together that it is just a complete mess? 

"A good blogger opens themselves up to critic and ridicule, a great blogger takes it as a pinch of salt" 
-Iptishaam Davids








7 comments:

  1. Your scarf is amazing, your whole outfit is actually incredible!! Just followed you on Bloglovin xxxxx

    www.bohemianmuses.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for reading and following:-) Hugs♥

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those boots look so good in you :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh thank you so much :-) do leave your details so that i could follow you on a social media platform! Thank you

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love how you mixed different textures and still managed to look effortless. x

    www.zina-inspirationarchive.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awww thanks , your blog is great ,i love it :-)
      Thanks for reading xxx

      Delete
  6. Your boots! Where are they from?? I looove them :) x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading and commenting! You've made my day!