Friday 21 April 2017

LETS TALK: BE CAREFUL WHAT YOU POST!

Wow! It's been a while since I've written. Well, I've written but just haven't had the courage to click publish yet. I keep on re-reading, re-editing even deleting 'cause at times, I have doubts about whether you'd like my content. And then other times, like today, I'm in that what-the-hell-mood and I basically have word vomit and do whatever the hell I want to do with no filter. It's weird, I have those days. 

Photo by Capturing Concepts Photography
Anyway, so the other day I'm in Masjied for Jumuah (Friday) prayers and on my way out I'm greeted by one of my blog readers. At first, I try and recognize the face (yes, I stalk your profiles) but my cognitive recognition was a bit low. With my eyes squinting and mind wandering, she notices, laughs and she introduces herself and then came the 'oohs and aahs..'. 

She then asks me "When are you going back...?", confusingly I ask her "Where to?...". With a grin on her face she exclaims "Riyadh..". Haaha! Truthfully, the first thing that came to mind was "Wait, how does she know this?". Our exchanges was brief and off I went to have Jumuah lunch. 

Later, I didn't realize that for a good five seconds I felt imposed upon and almost invaded. But how can I feel this way if I post things on my Social Media for the world to see and for them to judge? How can I not expect someone to exclaim that they loved what I had for lunch last week at 2 'o clock?! Or wishing my mom a Happy Birthday. Don't get me wrong, in no way am I bashing my blog reader, I am actually so thankful for that encounter as she was a catalyst for this thought process to occur. 

I've come to realize, that Social Media is like a room with a bunch of people in the sense that everyone knows everybody and when I say KNOW, they really know your life. And when you post your life on SM, how can one not expect people to ask seemingly personal questions? or to make a judgement for that matter? (I've been pretty judged lately, especially through SM). The truth is, if you going to post something on SM, you absolutely need to be open to criticism and judgement. Unfortunately, people are entitled to their own opinions. No matter how bitter it may be or how bitter they may be. 

Lesson: Caution yourself on what you post on sites like Instagram AND Snap. 

That's it from me. Have an awesome weekend ahead guys! I know I am. 

Oh, and if you want to follow my life (Hahah) you can do so on Instagram & Facebook

Love, 






5 comments:

  1. Well said. I still think it wasn't right for that girl to comment about the tight jeans thing though. Save it, sister.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha. I guess everyone is entitled to their own opinions. I gotta say, Thank you for having my back. You the bomb dot com. :)

      Delete
  2. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading and commenting! You've made my day!