Wednesday 8 May 2013

LOOK POST: Rough around the edges

I hope that everyone enjoyed reading my post on Nivea shower & shave as this was my very first product review! I hope to do more in the future. 

On the flip side... 

This shoot was taken in our back yard along with KiKiCoCo photgraphy, according to her, she wanted something which envisaged a  'rough' looking atmosphere and nothing complimented my outfit more than the tyres in the background and old wheel barrow:) 

What i wore...

 We paraded my closet for something that would compliment the theme well.
We opted for a Burgandy skinny jeans ( Click here)
A plain Camo Tshirt (Bought almost 5 years ago)
Sneakers 
Aviator sunglasses 

The truth ...

To be quite frank, I am not embracing the 'camo' trend very easily as I am with the burgundy. I feel that designers do not know what to do anymore, for this reason they are recycling what was once 'cool' in the late 90's and are bringing it back again purely for the sake of making sales. For this shoot, I wore the camo in minimal portions even though KiKi suggested 'MORE IS BETTER'. 

Finally... 

 “I want everyone to wear what they want and mix it in their own way. That, to me, is what is modern.”
-Karl Lagerfeld 
ALWAYS A PLEASURE WRITING! 
Thank you for reading<3

Iptishaam Davids























































7 comments:

  1. The thing is, camo never died out. It was always there. I wore this trend 10-12 years ago and still wearing it today. Each and every year the designs get better.

    I know that everyone has there opinions, but do you think its fair to say that designers are 'recycling' fashion and trends from the past?

    See, how fashion affects us today is based on the past! it reflects who & what we as 'fashion addicts'are. If you don't know the history of fashion then who are we to judge.

    For some people who don't know that much about fashion, they rely on trend forecasts and fashion designers to show them.

    I hope you take this as constructive criticism and not in the wrong way.

    Happy Blogging :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello and thank you for reading!

    I think it's safe to say that camo and fashion as a whole is a component which is constantly being recycled. As you've mentioned, you wore camo 10-12 years ago, it is now 'fashionable' in 2013. This shows that it has been recycled. I feel that designers are losing their creative touch by recycling fashion. This is my opinion.

    Happy blogging to you too. :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't think recycled is the correct word.

      Camo is camo there's no way about going around that, the only things designers can do is improve the style and designs (which they have been doing -the style i wore back then is waaay different to what im wearing now-)

      the skinnies that you love wearing now, is from the past.
      EVERYTHING you wear and love is from the past.

      Fashion is an Evolution, it only gets better. As it grows so do we. Embrace it. :)

      Delete
  3. Thank you and have a fab day further :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fashion is extremely cyclic. It's a known fact :) So, I agree with Iptishaam D. As much as we want to ignore trends, we are really at the mercy of what is sold at the shops. This is why it can get frustrating when old trends keep on coming back. Yes, designers definitely change it up and make it slightly different each season but I still long for something fresh and new from time to time.

    So, no harm in skipping the military trend for one season. It will undoubtedly be back next season with a vengeance.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You look gorgeous! Love the burgundy!
    I also think the military trend is always in, some seasons it's just more on trend. Everything in fashion goes in and out of style at some point.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading and commenting! You've made my day!