Tuesday 1 July 2014

LOOK POST | MODESTLY CROPPED



Hi Guys & Girls! (I feel like I haven't said that in LONG time!) It's really good to start blogging again and as you might know I am FINALLY on a three week holiday which I will use for getting closer to my creator as such an auspicious month is upon us (Ramadaan Kareem!). And also to dress more modestly in respect for the month of Ramadaan. 

I suppose our biggest challenge as modest wearers is actually finding something that can be considered as 'modest'. Finding something appropriate can be a little bit of a challenge when trend forecasters are placing crop tops, short-shorts and see-through skirts in fashion! It can be quite depressing when you find that your favorite online stores have NOTHING that fits your 'modest' profile. What can we as modest wearers do??

Well, I decided that I would choose one item-which is a crop top- and convert it to somewhat modest-wear (according to me). In this look-post I have worn the traditional crop top over my check shirt and a distressed patch denim jeans. I have styled a turban (My Fav) and ended the look with these amazing cut out boots and tan handbag!

What item of clothing would you turn into 'modest' wear? And how?

Thank you for reading today! 

Love, 

Iptishaam 


Checked shirt, Hang Ten | Jeans, Cotton On |
Crop, shoes & sunnies,  Mr Price | Watch, Guess |
Necklace, Zuri | Scarf & bag, China Town | Belt, Factorie |
 Lipstick, Revlon Scarlet flame



 

3 comments:

Thank you for reading and commenting! You've made my day!